Signed up for your first marathon? Or looking to beat your previous best marathon time? This workshop will give you the tools you need to maximise your training time, minimise the risk of injury and prepare you for your 26.2 mile journey in the best possible way.
Master the Marathon Workshop, Sunday 24th November, 2013 – Eastbourne Sports Park, East Sussex
In a mix of classroom and outdoor sessions we will cover the following:
- Establishing your marathon goal
- Structuring and planning your training programme. What sessions need to be included? When, how and why?
- Making your long runs count
- Injury prevention and recovery practices – and how to deal with niggles
- The taper – winding down to race day
- Nutrition in training and racing
- Race day preparation and strategy
There are two running sessions – one in the morning (built around your projected marathon pace) and a marathon-specific speed session in the afternoon – with plenty of time for recovery in between. DO NOT WORRY if you aren’t a fast runner – everyone will work at their own level and there’ll be plenty of support from the coaches.
The workshop will take place at Eastbourne Sports Park in East Sussex – a purpose-built venue equipped with an athletics track and seminar room, shower and changing facilities and surrounded by green space. There is free parking on-site, and the venue is within easy walking distance of Hampden Park railway station.
The cost of the day workshop is £65 and it runs from 10.30am to 4.30pm – 15 participants max. If you’d like a booking form, or have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07817 687241.